Carved Table Lamp
- Material: Sheesham Wood
- Table Lamp Dimensions: 9×12 inch
- Table Shade Height: 16.5 inch
- Delivery: 5-7 Working Days
- Cleaning Instructions: Clean with soft fabric
- Disclaimer : This product is 100% handmade. Slight imperfections in handmade products are normal and the final product color may vary slightly.
1 in stock
About the Craft :: The art of woodcarving was introduced to India by Iran during the Mughal Period. Having developed in Lucknow and Delhi, the craft was used to print carpets, wall hangings bed covers and more. Sheesham wood was used for printing blocks as it best weathered the chemical dyes. Demand for finely carved wood blocks which were used for printing textiles, reduced drastically with the development of screen printing, forcing artisans to make a shift to other professions.
About the Artist: It was between 1975- 1980 that craftsmen revived the practice of wood carving, exploring possibilities of using the skill to make products of utility like boxes, door knobs, trays, coasters, lamps, mirrors, photo frames and more. Brass inlay or ‘Tarkashi’ was combined with woodcarving for more decorative finishes. Abshar Hussain Khalidi, a master craftsman, has been a recipient of the National Award in 1987, being honored as India’s finest wood block carvers.
|Dimensions||50 × 40 × 20 cm|