- Artist: Mamani Chitrakar
- Material: Handmade Paper
- Painting: Kalighat Painting
- Colors Used: Natural Colors
- Size: 73×61 cm. This Painting comes without a frame
- Delivery: 5-7 Working Days
- Disclaimer : This product is 100% handmade. In handmade products slight imperfections are normal and the final product color may vary slightly.
1 in stock
About the Craft and Artisan: The art of Kalighat paintings originated in 19th century Calcutta. These paintings are called Kalighat because of a large and thriving settlement of ‘Patuas’ or cloth-painters around the Kalighat temple in Kolkata. Traditionally, these paintings were mostly about mythological characters and employed religious themes that later evolved to include scenes of daily life in Calcutta along with other contemporary themes.
Mamani Chitrakar, daughter of Swarna Chitrakar has been painting and singing the songs related to the form since childhood. She has been trained at home by her mother.
|Dimensions||70 × 9 × 9 cm|