Ikat Bed Cover
- Material: Cotton
- Bedcover Size: 102×85 inch
- Pillowcover Size: 25×17 inch
- Wash Care: Handwash Sepeartely. This Bedcover may bleed some color in the first few washes.
- Delivery: 5-7 Working Days
- Disclaimer : This product is 100% handmade. Slight imperfections in handmade products are normal and the final product color may vary slightly.
Only 1 left in stock
About the Craft : The process of Ikat weaving is an interesting one. Prior to going on the loom, unwoven threads are dyed with tie resists strategically placed in specific areas to create an image. This can be done using the warp threads, weft threads, or both. As fabric is woven up, the threads shift slightly, giving the motif that feathered or ?line-y? look that characterizes ikat fabric.
About the Artisan : Sri Mahalaxmi Ikat Handlooms was established in the year 1980, in Nalgonda, Telangana. The Ikat weaving technique was not indigenous to the Nalgonda region but it is said to be learned & mastered by the weavers during the Nalgonda & then during the Nizam rules. As the weavers mastered the technique, there was a gradual increase in demand. In the last two decades, the production of double and single Ikat fabric (meant for dress materials and furnishings) has proliferated throughout Nalgonda.
|Dimensions||36 × 30 × 5 cm|