Mother Pearl Inlay Coaster Set of 6
- Material: Wood and Mother of Pearl
- Dimensions: Diameter 10 cm.
- Delivery: 5-7 Working Days
- Cleaning Instructions: Clean with soft fabric
- Disclaimer : This product is 100% handmade. In handmade products slight imperfections are normal and the final product color may vary slightly.
Only 1 left in stock
About the Craft : Mother-of-pearl is the hard, silvery, internal layer of several kinds of shells of mussels and oysters. Sea shells contribute to the rich heritage of Bengal crafts and are produced mainly in the southern districts of West Bengal. The workers slice sparkling shells with simple hand tools and make bangles, bracelets and a range of ornaments. Various beautiful decorative/utility items like jewellery, spoons etc. are made out of sea shells or coconut shells in combination with horns and palmwood.
About the Artisan: Maity Handicrafts is founded by Joygopal Maity from Midnapore, West Bengal. He learnt this craft from his uncle and practised with him for 7-8 years. After that, he started his firm and ever since practising the craft and sustaining his livelihood with it. Today, 20 members work with him and 5 are women. Using mother of pearl and hardwood, he crafts a range of utility products, including stationery, tableware, jewellery and much more.
|Dimensions||16 × 16 × 10 cm|