Kalamkari Block Printed Bedcover
- Material: Cotton
- Bedcover Size: 280×225 cm
- Pillow Covers Size: 68×50 cm
- Wash Care: Handwash Sepeartely. This Bedcover is Natural dyed and some color may bleed in the first few washes.
- Delivery: 7-10 Working Days
- Disclaimer : This product is 100% handmade. Slight imperfections in handmade products are normal and the final product color may vary slightly.
1 in stock
About the Craft and Artisan:: Pedana, in Andhra Pradesh, is renowned for block-printed Kalamkari fabric.
Derived from the words ?kalam? and ?kari?, which translate to pen and craftsmanship respectively, the art of Kalamkari dates back to several centuries and is believed to have first originated in Iran about 2500 years ago. History has it that Kalamkari has been in existence in India for the last 2000 years and in two unique styles, the block-printed as well as the hand-painted variety.
The theme of the prints and patterns is largely mythological, and bright colors like red, blue, green, and yellow are used. The art, traditionally, represents the depictions from Ramayana and Mahabharata. More contemporary motifs are also being introduced.
|Dimensions||40 × 32 × 8 cm|